Saturday, August 30, 2008

Weird day

Yesterday was just weird... I can't explain it any other way. I had weird feeling when I woke up and went through my weekday routine and thinking about how it was the 'last time' I would be doing it.

Work just felt sad... I kept finding things to do, trying to enjoy my last few hours there. In a way I wanted to work late to finish up all the things I just didn't have time to do. Ha. When I went to tell someone goodbye I teared up... it was an emotional day to say the least.

I never thought that when I took that entry-level position for the company in March 2001 that it would change my life so greatly. It was truly a blessing. Within a year and a half I was promoted to the position I had chosen for my career path. Talk about lucky. I loved what I did and who I worked with and for. I couldn't have chose a better work environment. Of course there were some ups and downs, as there are anywhere. But the ups definitely out weigh those downs. I will never forget my years there. I also made some wonderful friends throughout those 7+ years. I hope to remain in contact to many even though we no longer see each other on a daily basis. Not to mention that I met my handsome husband along the way. :)

Who would have ever thought just taking a job could impact your life so much? I just feel so blessed.

I even got emotional picking Kirsten up from daycare for the last time. I truly loved her teacher. She was a wonderful teacher with big heart. Childcare is definitely her calling. She had taken great care of my baby from day one. I never worried about leaving Kirsten with her. She will be missed. She loved my baby and I could tell she was holding back the tears when we were leaving(me too!). She wrote a little note for us saying how much she was going to miss Kirsten's big smile... sweet. Here she is with my girl playing and finger painting a few months ago:




Going forward --- I am already getting lists and spreadsheets together of activities to do with Kirsten. And, of course, with that is a list of things to purchase! Haha. But they are much needed things, nothing too frivolous. And since her birthday is coming up in a month or so it is kind of perfect timing.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet that was a weird day for you and even more so Tuesday morning when you didnt have to get up and go to work. I am sure you have a huge weight lifted and you are transitioning just fine. Good Luck and enjoy your time.

-Ronda- said...

I hope you are having so much fun being at home.