Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The decision

After a wonderful week off with my family I finally made a decision about becoming Full-Time Mommy.

I knew going in to work on Monday morning would be hard, and it was. And I knew it would be harder to leave Kirsten at daycare, and it was. But I decided to grin and bear it. The day seemed to just drag by and I felt more and more unhappy as it progressed. About 30 minutes before it was time for me to leave for the day I decided to just do it. I went into my bosses office, closed the door and spilled my guts. I told him I had decided that I want to stay at home with my little girl. He was totally understanding, actually surprisingly understanding, which made it a lot easier for me. I gave him plenty of notice and plan on finishing up all my ongoing projects before I leave. When I left his office I felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I then knew that I had definitely made the right decision. The 29th is my last day in the workforce and I have never been so excited.

So that's my update... thanks to all of you that offered me advice. But, of course, it was ultimately up to me to decide for myself.

3 comments:

The Gardner's said...

Congrats, Renee! That took a lot of courage and guts. This is obviously what was meant to happen in your life and will be so wonderful for you guys...and the future baby too!

Laura said...

Renee! I'm so happy for you! The hardest part is giving notice - been there, done that - and yes, bosses are often surprisingly supportive of the decision.

I'm not 100% thrilled about me going back to work part-time... but the kids will be with David when I'm at work, so I'm looking at it with the perspective that Michael & Emily are gonna get some awesome Daddy time while I'm at work. That's a good thing, IMHO.

I'm sure the 29th can't get here fast enough for you - counting the days until it arrives! :-)

PS That's Michael's birthday, & cousins Winston's, too. :-)

-Ronda- said...

Welcome to the stay at home mommy club!!!!