Kirsten is napping so I have a few minutes to kill... yes, its 5:30pm and she is napping. If she's tired she's fussy and it drives me nuts so down for a pre-dinner nap she goes.
The book I ordered arrived today. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. I am really excited to dive into it. And look at me... I am blogging when I could be reading. Haha. Anyhow, it was recommended to me by a couple of fellow mommies and I hope it helps Kirsten become a better napper. Just this past week I finally got her to sleep past 5am. Hallelujah! She has been sleeping from 8pm-6:30 or 7am since Sunday. I guess her internal alarm was set to 5am a few months ago and I just didnt know how to deal with it. After reading on babycenter.com that if your baby naps within 1 1/2 of waking then they are not sleeping long enough I realized I needed to nip this in the bud pretty quick. So I started to just let her cry herself back to sleep when she woke up at 5am. For a week she would wake up off and on until 7am. I thought it took 3 days to break a habit but apparantly with Kirsten its a little longer. So now that we have the mornings under control, time to work on the bad napping habits. I know it mainly has to do with daycare. Its loud and when other babies cry it tends to wake her up. Hopefully once I am at home all the time at the end of the month it will really help.
Wish me luck... I am going to end this and start reading now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment