Thursday, September 18, 2008

So far so good

I am really enjoying this SAHM stuff. Kirsten is starting to get a hang of the napping on her own and I am finally figuring out the signs of her tiredness. So I am sure within the next week or so we can get a more solid schedule going. It's been really nice just playing all day long. We do whatever she wants pretty much... I am limiting the TV time so I am not consumed by it, nor is she. I have gotten a lot done in the few weeks I have been home, which is nice. I have time to make dinner almost every night and Mike can tell I am more at ease about things.

I don't miss work... I actually don't even think about it. I am just too busy honestly. I think the hardest part of my job was leaving... now that I am gone, it's a closed chapter in my life. Although, I do miss the socialization... I find myself wanting to call someone just to talk during the day on occasion.

Kirsten is cutting her 5th tooth and being ultra picky about what she will and will not eat. She was doing so well and eating just about everything I threw in front of her... now not so much. She seems to want to eat what I am having, haha. Or toast and shredded cheese... loves it!

Took her to the park yesterday for the first time and she had a blast, cried when we left. It was a perfect day and perfect park... nice breeze, lots of trees. And this park happened to have a big and small playground so I was able to separate us from the older kids. Although she really enjoys just watching them. She loved the swing and the slide and, more than anything else, liked sitting in the dirt and playing with the leaves and sticks. Haha. She also liked walking around and touching all the trees... it was cute.

Next weekend is her first birthday party. I haven't done much in the way of planning, which is so unlike me. I don't really know what to do... I don't have a theme picked out or anything. Do you have to have a theme? So this is on my to-do list now...

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so happy for you! You really do get so busy that everything else is the last thing on your mind... very easy to lose all sense of self when you are raising kidlets. Not a good thing to do - but not a bad thing, either.

Keep up the good work! :-) And park days in the fall are the BEST - the weather is perfect, and the little critters are scampering all about - fun fun fun!

The Gardner's said...

I'm so happy everything's going so well, Mrs. SAHM.
I can imagine your time is consumed with all things Kirsten, as it should be.
We can't wait for her party!!!!!