Friday, July 25, 2008

It's finally Friday

Oh what a happy day of the week! The is my last day of work until Monday, August 4th. Mike and I are taking next week off to have some much needed family time. We unfortunately didn't take our usual group family trip to the beach (Galveston) this year. Everyone seemed to want to do something different. But I think it is unanimous that next year we are going no matter what.

So I am thinking we will make a trip to the Ft Worth Zoo, the Dallas World Aquarium, or maybe the Palace of Wax. I know Kirsten is probably way too young to really appreciate any of this but I figure one of these excursions will be something we can do as a family and give her a different environment than our family room to observe.

Mike really enjoys when we have family meals out so I am sure we will do that frequently. I mean, its our semi-vacation, I don't want to spend the whole week cooking! Now baking is a different story... I could bake all day, every day. Man, that's what I should have made my profession and opened a bakery! How fun would that have been? But no, I fix computers. Interesting but not as yummy.

I also have several other things on our to-list for the week...Mike and I both need to finally go purchase new glasses. We had our eyes examined over a month ago on our lunch hour and never went back to select frames. I also need to get my car inspected... something we always seem to put off until the very end of the month don't we? Hmmmm... what else.... oh, and pictures! I need to put all of the pictures of Kirsten that I have printed out over the past 9 months into albums. Sigh... another one of those things that just keeps getting put off.

I will be satisfied if we accomplish half of my list. It's supposed to be in the low 100s all weekend and if that sticks around we may spend more time indoors than I had planned. Gotta love Texas in July. : )

1 comment:

Shantell Wyatt said...

I hope you had fun on your mini family vacation! I'm sure it was much needed and I know well deserved!
I'll be checking back for pictures....you were just about to post those right?!?!