I miss that... now things are so complicated. I am wondering if I make them that way. Maybe its time to re-focus and see what is and is not important. I mean, as long as my family and I are happy, healthy, we have a roof over our heads and food on the table there should be nothing else that matters. Ugh, if it were only that simple. It should be! What happened?
I think I have made too big of a deal about petty things. I have decided that I am going to try to prioritize things in matter of importance and drop the things at the bottom of the list. Poof, gone, farewell. I pray that it will be that easy.
All of this has come about due to my constant complaining recently. I realize that its about things (and people) that I cannot change. So I wonder why I get all worked up over it... why I let it fester in me and, on occasion, take it out on innocent people. Its just silly... ridiculous if you would.
So there you have it... I feel better, kind of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hear you! As much as I think I've simplified our life, done away with as many materialistic tendencies as I can - I realize I still have so far to go!
It's a long road, Renee... I can honestly say I've been traveling it for 7 years now, and each day I have a new idea on what to simplify. Take baby steps - you'll get there in the end!
Its so hard not to get frustrated with people over little things. I go through little phases of doing the same thing and I get so upset with myself, I think its just what we do as women...especially as women like you and I.
We want everything to be better now not just for ourselves but for our children, who are the most important things in the world to us, and it makes everything seem so much more important. Even the little things that didn't used to matter so much. I really understand, girl. Love you:)
Post a Comment