Last Sunday I decided to give Kirsten a shot at snacking on some Cheerios (actually an organic version called Perky O's). I strapped her in her highchair, diluted some apple juice in a sippy cup and put down 5 or so O's and she confusingly just stared at them. So I ate one to show her and she looked confused. So I placed one on her lip and she just let it sit there for a minute... then when she realized what it was she tried to swallow the whole thing and choked. I smacked her on the back and it came out with a little bit of puke... then she cried because it scared her. Awe! It was so sad and funny all at the same time!
So last night I decided to try it again... I broke up O's into smaller bits and to see if she handled them a little better. After a few minutes of playing with them, she put a piece into her mouth and rolled it around with a very thoughtful expression on her face. She eventually swallowed it without choking and finished up several more. Yay!
My wittle girl seems to be getting so big so quickly. I love it and hate it all at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awww! I can't wait to give Nolan little finger foods.
Post a Comment