Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sleep, sleep and more sleep

I have decided that my first blog will be about the wonderful sleep I have been getting lately. Our precious baby girl is finally sleeping for 8-10 hours a night. It took me a while to get to this point because I was unable to let her cry it out... I would run in throughout the night and rock her back to sleep. After an exhausting trip to Arizona to visit my in-laws I finally decided that enough was enough and it was time. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be once I set my mind to it.

Now that Kirsten is in bed for the night by 8 o'clock, I sometimes don't know what to do with myself once she is asleep. Do I go to bed? Do I get caught up on the endless things I have been unable to for months? Do I relax in front of the TV with my husband? Wow... so many options that I am not used to having. So tonight I posted a blog and fiddled with my layout. It's nice to finally feel like I have some Renee' time again. I miss me. :)

3 comments:

The Gardner's said...

Hooray for more sleep!
You really don't realize how much you were missing until you get it back and your brain starts functioning somewhat normally again.
I always sit there thinking that I should do something creative or something like clean or do other chores once Cooper's asleep, but typically end up sleeping myself. I'm still catching up....
I'm glad we got to be in the "new Mom haze" together. Don't think I would have made it through without you!

Anonymous said...

Good for you...I know that was the hardest thing for me at first was to let Morgan cry. But Lisa kept telling me that it wont hurt her to cry, even though I didnt like it. It still took me some time to get to the point that crying was good for her. But it sure is nice to get some time back for yourself. Definitely take advantage of it, cuz when they start walking, then your really on the move..

Laura said...

Hi Renee! Love the layout - geez, Kirsten is just so cute! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, come visit at mine sometime. Rather boring, but it lets me empty my brain of mommy-ness. (This is Laura Le, BTW!)

And sleep, precious sleep... ahhh. I remember when Emily finally started sleeping through the night. It was about a year ago (she's 3 1/2 now!), and it was soooo nice to catch up on some ZZZZZs. Now if I could just teach them to sleep late in the mornings, life would be grand! :-)